Its that time of year!!

I always look forward to this time of year for many reasons.
1. I love when the weather turns warm and the snow is gone and everything starts to bloom. Then we always have to cross our fingers that the snow stays away until next winter! The kids have been having a ball outside too and Tyson mowed the lawn last night for the 1st time this year! Its really beginning to feel like spring!! Today its supposed to get into the 20's!! Woohooo!!!
2. I am a fanatic when it comes to home reno projects! Brent hates this and my dad probably does too!! At least we don't have to bother him much anymore, we are getting pretty darn good at these kinds of things, well at least I think so.
This year we have decided that the inside of the house needs a little TLC... SO.... we ordered new carpet for the living room {we have to start small & one room at a time!}. I just can't take the ugly warm out pink carpet anymore!! It has to go!! While we are waiting for the carpet to arrive, we started something else, something Brent did not want to do very much but since I made up my mind to do it and used some of my own paycheck to buy it, he gave in. OH how I love it when he does that!! hehehe. So this is what we have been doing, its nothing big, just some little changes, and with the help of our good friends { KD for letting her hubby come help us while she waited ever so patiently for him to come home so they could go out to a movie, and Brad for being such a good guy and understanding that... well.. Brent is slowly becoming somewhat of a handy man, thanks to every ones know how and Brent learning from that! So thanks guys!! AGAIN!}. But I have to say {once Brent finally listened to me and figured out I was indeed right yet again} we did a mighty fine job of trimming our new closet doors to fit our odd sized openings. I should have taken a good picture of the old pantry doors before we took them out and same with the front closet door and the door going down stairs too. But here is a good shot of what we are sitting at right now, no trim, not finished yet, but oh what a difference a simple thing like a new door makes!! And it makes me so happy too!! OK laugh all you want, but I love all my stupid little projects, however big or little they may be!! If I can't have a brand new house, this is as close I am going to get... at least my old house will look new..er!   


Before:                                                    
                                                                  
                                           After:                                                                                                                                                         
I know its kind of hard to see the doors in the before picture, but that's about the only picture I could find with the doors!! Like I said, i should have taken a before and after shot, but Brent had taken the doors to the dump before I got home from work! {wow Kylie seems to be the one making funny faces in all the pics! Just look at the doors!!}

Here is the before                                                                        
After                                                                                                                                                        

Comments

KD said…
Wow the pantry door makes a huge difference eh!! Wowza! Oh and I see Brent did not nee Brad on that one! It all look's great!! Oh and we'll be asking for the favor back when we do the roof of our house! Brent will be sorry he ever asked for Brad's help. Hehe
Jenie said…
They look great, especially the pantry door!