Today was a really good day! We woke up to beautiful weather, no wind, sunny, blue sky! Its been wonderful to finally have spring here. Brent had planned to go to Waterton to take a Japanese customer from work up there to experience hiking in Waterton. Well all fine and dandy until the poor guy gets here to our house and ends up getting sick before we were to leave. Also before he arrives, Tyson was the only one that was going to go along until Madison hear that and decided she needed to go too, and then Kylie said it wasn't fair that she had to stay home and go to ballet practice, & Kaden just wanted to go because everyone else wanted to go. Anyways... to make a long story short, we all ended up going even though that poor Japanese guy couldn't come. So I, being brave today and thinking since its such a beautiful day, took my hiking shoes and we climbed Bears hump. I had been dreading going simply because I am not in good shape, to which that is going to change over the summer!! So we got up there and made everyone go potty before heading up the trail cause knowing my kids they get half way somewhere and announce that they have to go!! Well Kaden ends up getting his finger pinched in the door of the bathroom and starts crying very loudly, so that's 2 kids that have caught their finger in the door today so far, Madison did at home before we left. Brent went into the info place around the corner and got some info on trails around Waterton. To which her was informed that we had to be careful not to rub up against trees cause there is ticks out! Oh great!! I thought this can't be good, someone will end up with a bug attached to them!! We started our hike and low and behold we saw a few ticks on the kids, just in Kadens hair to which we got out right away!! The next one we saw was at the top on my leg but saw it crawling and got it off right away too. After that we were really paranoid about those pesky things. The kids did wonderfully going up! I can say I did too, the last 25 feet is a bit harder cause it big tall railway ties for steps but I made it without having too much of a red face! After we took pictures at the top and then got back down to the van we drove into town and went to the falls. We were there last weekend too but today the water at the falls was alot more! Even when we went to the lake the water had come up more than 5 feet than last week! We couldn't get to the rocks where we were last weekend! Spring run off it on! While at the lake Kaden announces that he has to go pee, well lets back up a little bit. While we were up on bears hump taking pictures Kaden says he has to pee. Brent tried to get him to go in the bushes but he wouldn;t go. I guess maybe me telling him enough at home that he can't pee outside has sunk in.{ He has told me he has peed in the puddle a few time and I have also caught him peeing on the flower bed right in front of our house! I about died!) Anyways to make another long story short, I took him over to a bathroom that was close to the lake, it was even a flushing toilet! When we got there he told me he wasn't going to go pee there to drive him home right now! Ya right, like we would make it home in time for him to go to the bathroom. So after fighting with him in the bathroom he didn't go and we went back to the lake. As soon as we got there he was dancing and holding himself again and said he really had to go pee. I had jsut about had it at that point and then Madison said she had to go too! I tell you it was a GONG SHOW!! So off we went to the bathroom again! This time the little fart didnt make it and peed him pants before we even got there. So we went in so Madi could go and that's when I found another tick on Kaden, in his hair luckily so I flicked it off to before it burrowed into his skin! I tell you people were probably looking at us funny cause the whole time we were in Waterton we were doing tick checks on all of us! So Home we came! I am so glad we went cause we had so much fun as a family, and glad no one got a tick stuck to them, well Brent almost but got it off before it was really stuck! So I ma glad about alot of things today, glad for the weather, the fun times, our safe journey, our bbq with Mandy and Shawn after we got home, the kids being so good on the hike, Oh and for my Brother who had to have surgery on his arm today I am glad her is alright and that things went well for him. I swear some of these guys that play church ball are a bit too INTO the game! its not the freaking NBA so stop acting like your an all star! For those of you who don't know the story behind the shattered arm, my brother was playing church ball and some new guy got a little too aggressive while playing and the rule they have is if you get a break away the rest of the players just let you go and score, well this new guys runs after him and slams him into the floor which causes him to fall on his tailbone and then back on his head to hit that on the floor too. Well I guess they were all so concerned for his head cause it slammed down so hard that no one including my brother didn't notice his broken arm. Anyways he finally noticed and his friend took him to the hospital and they put it in a cast. Now he went back to see if its healing right and the specialist it mad at the DR cause he should have had it operated on that night he did it cause its so bad of a break almost shattered in a few parts. So now he has an ALIEN arm as his little girl says because it has a bunch of pins and metal bars holding the outside and inside together. HE is one hurting boy right now! Not a fun time for him, he is on morphine and the whole things right now too. So hopefully he will be home from the hospital tomorrow and that his arm will heal up fast. With 2 little girls at home and another baby on the way he had better heal fast! That's another things we can all be glad about... modern technology to help us mend when we are broken!!



Comments