I know I'm venting here just a teenie tiny bit & don't get me wrong but I think my girls are doing wonderfully in ballet this year, BUT now that its getting close to the end of the year I can hardly wait till its OVER! That's right, call me a bad impatient parent, but this year the head ache of ballet in that much worse. This year the teacher has decided it would be great to have the year end recital in Lethbridge at the Yates theatre instead of here in town. All fine. BUT at the Yates you have to pay $11.25 just to get in where as here in town it was FREE. At the beginning of the year Kylie's teacher called and asked if we wanted to put her in a second class and with doing so would have an extra part in the recital. Well I asked Kylie if she had more than one part in the recital and she said just one. Well Hopefully she is wrong because I have been paying double each month for her thinking there would be two parts in the recital, plus costume rentals! And then another thing {maybe I am just really cheap} but some of the parents want each child in ballet to give $20 ... yes you read that right, $20 {that's $40 just for my 2 girls} for a year end present and to help cover cost of the Yates and props, etc... isn't that what we paid the $11.25 each to see the blinking show! I talked to a friend of mine and she agrees with me so I don't feel so bad about being a cheapskate!! Then there is all the driving back n forth to Lethbridge to take then both to practices and dress rehearsals, of course all at different time! AND to top it all off, I had to re-arrange my work schedule for it too, that's no easy thing itself! Its going to be an extra big GONG SHOW these next few weeks! And its a head ache just trying to get the girls to practice at different times that normal and at a different place too, they keep switching that back n forth between 3 different buildings!! Oh will it ever end!!
Comments