A Parent's worst nightmare!

Wednesday started out like any other day... I had to work the early shift which meant I had to be to work at 6:30am. Breakfast is served at 8am and just as I finished that the phone rang. It was Brent. My heart sank as I heard my little girl screaming and crying in the background and coud hardly hear what he was telling me...that she had jumped of the cupboard and cut her foot and it was really bad! The girls at work told me to go and they would cover for me. I went home as fast as I could to find Shawn already there helping Brent and that's when I saw it! I about dies right there!! I could have sat and cried! On the bottom of her little foot was a gash about 3 inched long and split wide open and bleeding like crazy!! I ran for the first aid kit and Brent and Shawn rapped it up good till we got to the hospital. Oh and of course the one day it was snowy and bad roads was that day!! We got her there and the nurse cleaned it up a bit and then put on some liquid freezing which stung like mad and was cold. Needless to say she did NOT like that at all. After that took affect she was back to her normal chatty self for awhile until it was time to stitch it up. Thank goodness that it didn't need anything more than that..cause by the looks of it I thought she would possibly need surgery on it! Dr. Greg Smith was the Dr. on call and he was really good. But the liquid freezing didn't work as well as they thought so they had to freeze it with needles too. My poor girl was so traumatized that day. I felt terrible and still do!! Anyways she got 8 stitches {there could have been a ton more but they don't want it to scar badly so they did the minimum they could get in.} She didn't mind that part cause she didn't feel a thing by then. We have to take her back Monday to get it checked and see if they can be taken out{again for scaring reasons}. She has loved being waited on hand n foot but is so bored already, even though both Grandma's have been over to visit with fun things to keep her happy and busy,& a Great grandma and Grandpa that brought over cupcakes and sprinkles for her to decorate!! She has been really good at not walking on it. I hope she heals fast and well without any complications. I have not hardly slept at night since this has happened. She is so lucky that it wasn't more serious than it was!! My poor little Madi girl!!




I wont post pictures of what it looks like without the bandages just cause I don't want to see that again until its time to change the bandages. And I don't want her to see it either. She kept asking to see it at the hospital but we wouldn't let her, she would have had a fit! its one thing to feel it but to see it too would make it that much worse!!

Comments

Jenn said…
How is Madi's foot healing up anyway? I love your new background, it looks so good with your picture.