Today Madison got ready for ballet class. After getting on all her gear yesterday, yes yesterday!! she told me in a very grown up voice that she will go to ballet all by herself! She is really loving ballet and she can't wait till Wednesday comes so she can finally go. But she was even thinking that she would walk herself there all by herself to which I informed her NO WAY is my 4 year old walking herself to ballet. So I drove her there and she walked up the steps and thru the door and then down the stairs to her ballet room all by herself! She is growing up way too fast and becoming independent so fast as well. It almost made me cry to watch her run up the steps then stop and wave back to me and then walk thru the door and disappear down the stair way to go to her teacher. It really made me think that this time with my kids being little is slipping by so fast and it scares me. Today Tyson turns 11!! ELEVEN!!! Where has the time gone?! He is not even close to being little any more and I could sit and cry over that too!! Soon he will be a teenager and then the fun will begin!! If I could go back in time, if only for awhile, and have him as a baby, to cuddle him and hold him close. I so miss that time!! I wish that I could do that with each of my kids, go back and cherish those moments and hold them close as a baby, just so I could remember those times a bit better. So for all of you who have tiny little babies, or young ones still, cherish them while they are young! Time slips away way too fast and before you know it they are grown up! its hard as a parent to go from having little children to teen agers to adults!! Its sad to see them grow up so fast but at the same time its exciting to see them discovering new and exciting things. I can only hope that I can be a good parent and a good example to them like I had growning up!!
Comments