Starting to feel old!!

It seems like just yesterday that Kaden and Madison we so tiny...... and so close together in age. But how time flies by so quickly! We went from this
to this in just a matter of what seemed like a little while, but was actually 2 years.

Some days I wish that I could go back and hold a tiny little baby and smell the wonderful new baby smells. I am not by any means getting baby fever, but just looking back a pictures of when my kids were so tiny and little makes me sad and also makes me realize how old I am actually getting!!! I feel so far ahead of the rest of my family. My brother Mark has 2 kids, the oldest being 2 1/2 and the youngest just a few months old, and sister Mandy is expecting her 1st in July. My oldest will be 11 years older than her baby!! That's is so weird to think!! I have a 10 year old!!!Already!! Like I said, time goes by way too fast! Tyson will be babysitting her kids!! That's CRAZY!!! I am at the stage of my life where I am glad to be done having kids!! I have 4 kids and for me that's makes my family complete. Some days I get kind of sad to think that I will no longer have a new little baby at our house, but then that quickly gets resolved when we spend time with our new little niece Jessica. We love to hold her and cuddle her and even rock her to sleep, but when its feeding time, or she gets a messy diaper or is fussy, I can simply hand her back to her mom or dad and not have to worry about those kind of things anymore and love that my kids don't have to be entertained all day long. No more up all night, no more late night feedings, no more fussy babies....etc...... I look forward to watching my kids grow and learn and experience new things. But I do not look forward to the day when they are all in school and I will feel like all my babies are gone and getting grown up!! At least right now they love to snuggle, love giving kisses and getting kisses and they delight in the little things!

Comments

Jenie said…
I understand completely! I am enjoying the freedom that comes from not having a new baby, but its a little scary to think about the changes ahead with the kids growing up.